More from: Pledge 'one more thing' today
MRW asked politicians, industry leaders and others to nominate ‘one more thing’ they would reycle or reuse during National Zero Waste Week: 3-9 September - put your mouse over the photo for the caption.
What will you pledge? Tell us at email@example.com or add a comment below.
Those not shown above include:
- Samantha Roddick, campaigner: I carry a glass bottle with me for my daily water, so I don’t have to buy plastic ones. I have two composts, one for my garden and a council one, and I recycle. Where I fail is batteries: I don’t even know where to recycle them - so I am going to focus on figuring out how.
- Rebecca Hosking, founded ‘plastic free Modbury’, the first carrier bag free town in the UK and now a farmer: We don’t have much household waste at all but for zero waste week I’ll try and find a better use for leftover baler twine.
- Jo Dimbleby from Recyclebank: I’ve just signed up for an organic local veg box - all reusable/compostable packaging and I pledge to remember to bring a reusable water bottle to work with me.
- Emina Redzepovic from Cylch: I pledge to go on a litter-pick of my local area.
- Simon Oliver, Green Liberal Democrat vice-chair: I pledge to ask all our MPs to think about progressing the LibDem zero waste policy before 2015.
- Zero Waste York: We are going to pledge to compost fruit peelings from the office and help others to reuse more.
What are you pledging for National Zero Waste Week?