Q: What is your product?
- Enviroweigh – The Bin Weigher is a 100% British product, designed and manufactured in the UK by Vehicle Weighing Solutions Ltd (VWS).
- Vehicle Weighing Solutions is a British company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and service of on-board weighing and axle load protection, from small vans through to large waste and articulated vehicles.
Q: How does it work?
- Enviroweigh works by weighing what is collected from each bin. This is done via load cells fitted to each bin lifting mechanism
Q: Where would it ideally be used?
- Primarily on the back or front of RCV’s (FEL’s or REL’s), for both domestic and trade waste collections.
- Enviroweigh can be installed to all makes and models of UK standard wheeled bin lifting hoists, including Otto, Zoeller, Dennis, Betalift, Terberg, LinkTip, Incomol, Geesink Norba, Heil and more.
Q: How is it different?
- Enviroweigh is the first truly British dynamic weights and measures approved, certified bin-weighing system. It can be used for pay-for-weight services, which is even more necessary with increased landfill tax charges. The system is also accurate to within 0.5% or better and offers a host of data collection, storage, transfer and manipulation solutions for all kinds of IT infrastructures from those supporting a single vehicle to a large fleet.
Q: Other benefits?
- The system can interface with the latest software, GPS and telemetry technologies allowing for remote monitoring. Live data can be transmitted via hand held PDA devices for back office analysis, reporting and invoicing. Faults, such as missed bin queries, fraudulent collections or re-routing for urgent collections can be diagnosed in real-time and addressed immediately to improve service delivery.Collection routes can be monitored and vehicle schedules planned to avoid overloading or inefficient half loads. In the case of unwanted bin collection, RFID (Radio Frequency ID) tags can be fitted to customer’s bins and recognised by the Enviroweigh system, enabling 100% tracking and reporting.
Q: Where has it been used?
- Enviroweigh is currently in operation at local authorities and private waste contractors across the country.
- From £10k to £17.5k including 12 months warranty
Q: Any savings?
- This varies but the primary saving is derived from the identification and proper charging of overloaded bins. One London authority estimated a saving of some £200k per year from proper charging alone.
Q: What about maintenance?
- An annual Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations1998 test is required every year and VWS perform a full calibration and service every 12 months.
Q: What is its life span?
- Approximately 10 years
Q: How is it future-proofed?
- VWS has developed the system to be wireless and interface with any accounting or IT system.
Q: How many have been sold and where?
- In excess of 300 have been sold across Europe and the UK.
Answers supplied by Vehicle Weighing Solutions. For details visit: www.vwsltd.co.uk