Q: What is your product?
- B&M Waste Services’ Portable Recycling Station is a 20ft by 8ft Open Side shipping container.
- Built to ISO standard container dimensions, the container is CSC plated and has one pair of double doors at the end and one pair of double hinged doors along one side with two locking bars on each door. Other sizes are available, from 10ft to 40ft.
Q: How does it work?
- The secure unit allows clients to store waste products within flexible storage compartments, meaning different waste streams can be segregated and bulked-up until sufficient quantities are available for cost effective disposal.
Q: Where would it ideally be used?
- Facilities that currently require skips for various waste streams could utilise the Portable Recycling Station to save on space and waste disposal/recycling costs while improving their organisation’s environmental performance.
Q: How is it different?
- This option is potentially more environmentally friendly as the client source segregates large quantities of waste and can therefore avoid substantial landfill tax costs.
B&M has just become one of the first independently owned recycling & waste management companies in the UK to be awarded Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 2060 and achieve carbon neutrality.
To achieve this, B&M has offset over two thousand tonnes of carbon dioxide by supporting Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) certified clean energy projects around the world.
Chief executive Peter Cook says “Becoming carbon neutral sends a clear message that we are a responsible company committed to sustainable business practices.”
Q: What benefits does it offer?
- Along with the cost savings that arise from only paying for removal when any section of the container is full and the improved environmental benefits of source segregation, the container also guarantees high security for your waste.
Q: Where it has been used?
- The Recycling Station has already been trialled by hospitals, where secure containment of various waste streams is integral to ensure their waste management service is safe and compliant.
- The container costs £35 per week plus ad hoc collections of waste at £40 per hour.
Q: Any savings?
- Based on recent studies there is the potential for cost savings of around 40% compared to a seven yard skip emptied once per week.
Q: What about maintenance?
- We will agree a maintenance plan with the client prior to delivery and installation to ensure a reliable and efficient service.
Q: What is its life span?
- There is no limit on the life span of our Portable Recycling Station.
Q: How is it future-proofed?
- The recycling station provides a flexible option that can be used for various products as and when required.
Q: Any future applications?
- We have various recycle station options under development utilising flexible and innovative storage solutions which we are always happy to discuss with our customers.
Q: How many have you sold and where?
- The Portable Recycling Station is available nationwide and we have already had a lot of interest from clients all over the country.
Answers supplied by B&M Waste Services. For details visit: www.bandmwasteservices.co.uk