Dorset County Council waste management contract supervisor David Blackburn said the fire, which started in the early hours of Friday morning, had caused minor disruption with contractors working hard over the weekend to have the facility re-opened for business on Monday morning.
Blackburn said the blaze had caused about £20,000 worth of damage and the site looked horrendous but there had been no structural damage, only cosmetic and smoke damage.
He said: There is no way of telling what caused the fire though we can make guesses. We are reviewing CCTV, but we think weve pretty much ruled out arson, as theres nothing obvious.
The Fire Brigade are currently investigating.
Smoke from the blaze last Friday was reported to have been seen 10 miles away, and road closures meant that some household refuse collections in areas near the site had to be suspended that day.