Construction contractors in the UK can find out how to improve the support they give to clients on sustainable building options with a new online guide provided by Envirowise.
The guide, Constructing the case for building sustainability: helping you to help your customer, is available to download for free online and provides advice on the following:
· Choosing the right materials for the job
· Improving water efficiency on site
· Incorporating energy efficient features into a build
· Minimising waste wherever possible
· Using transport more efficiently.
Envirowise construction specialist Chris Hodgson said: This guide offers food for thought for contractors, whether their primary business is refurbishment to existing building stock or new builds.
From April 1, Envirowise will become part of the Waste & Resources Action Programme giving businesses a single port of call for matters relating to resource efficiency.