Tailored specifically for local authorities, the events will take place in December 2006 and January 2007.
Local authorities have been encouraged to adapt their waste disposal and collection and change civic amenity sites to handle WEEE goods, but they are still concerned and confused about the directives impact on their current operations according to REPIC.
The seminars intend to answer the following questions:
* How does the WEEE Directive affect me, my sites and my current mode of operation and contracts?
* Should I become a designated collection facility? What are the options?
* What information will producer schemes need to ensure they provide a high service level?
* What things do producers need to know about how Councils work?
* What about my existing contracts?
* What exactly are producers offering or obliged to provide?
Attendance is reserved exclusively for local authority employees and is free. Further information is available from email@example.com