Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of MRW, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

May Gurney and Torbay Council team up to create special £130M joint venture

Infrastructure service company May Gurney has been selected to deliver a range of front-line services for Torbay Council through a joint venture company (JVC).

The 10-year contract is valued up to £130 million, or £13 million each year, with the possibility of a further extension of 15 years.

Services such as waste and recycling collections, maintenance of highways, grounds, parks , car parks, buildings, street and beach cleansing, the councils vehicle fleet and out of hours call centre support will all be provided through the JVC.

May Gurney chief executive Philip Fellowes-Prynne said: We are delighted to have been selected by Torbay Council for this ground-breaking JVC and were very much looking forward to working together to deliver better services across the region.

May Gurney will hold an 80% share of the JVC with the council holding the remaining 20%.  The JVC will also independently seek new business from commercial clients in the region. It is thought by the council that using a single private partner to provide a range of services will be more efficient.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.