Materials Recycling World’s mentions in other media outlets
- The Daily Express cited MRW’s ‘Scottish Government to consider landfill mining’ within their ‘Landfill mining could be future of recycling’. Daily Express, 6 March.
- Acting editor Robin Latchem appeared on BBC Radio Oxford’s Breakfast Show to discuss an increase locally in door-to-door licences for clothing collectors.
- Richard Ottaway MP: “I have to confess, having listened to my hon. Friends the Members for Christchurch (Mr Chope) and for Shipley (Philip Davies) for the past hour or two, that I have quite a lot of affection for both of them. The contribution that they make to scrutinising private Members’ Bills should not be ignored. To that extent, they do the House a service. I call them friends in the political sense, and in the opposition years we worked closely together on the 1922 Committee. I do not therefore dismiss their arguments lightly. But given that my hon. Friend the Member for Shipley, in an interview with Materials Recycling World, said that he would not talk out the Bill, I do not want to do his job for him. I shall simply say that I support the new clause moved by the Minister, but I am not persuaded by the force of the arguments for the amendments tabled by my hon. Friends.” Hansard report, House of Commons, 9 November 2012
- Recycling Today Global Edition reported Tetronics Ltd winning at MRW’s National Recycling Awards 2012 in the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Recycler of the Year category. Recycling Today Global Edition, p.47, September/October edition
- The Daily Telegraph cited MRW’s investigation into which councils planned to take advantage of the Weekly Collection Support Scheme. Daily Telegraph, 28 September, p.16
The Today Programme also cited the research in their review of the daily papers. The Today Programme, BBC Radio 4, 28 September
The Daily Mail also cited the research. Daily Mail, 28 September
The Press Association also cited MRW’s research. Press Association, 28 September
- The FT cited MRW reporter Neil Roberts in their report ‘Chinook consortium bids £520m for Biffa’. Financial Times (£), 8 August
- The Guardian cited MRW’s exclusive report ‘Councils reject ‘bribe’ to ditch AWC’ within their report ‘Councils shun cash to reinstate weekly bin collections’. Guardian, 6 July;
The Daily Telegraph also picked up on MRW’s exclusive report ‘Millions stuck with fortnightly bin collections despite Eric Pickles’ cash’. Daily Telegraph, 6 July;
Politics Home also picked up on MRW’s exclusive report in their ‘Single council takes up Pickles’ rubbish offer’. Politics Home, 6 July.
- RTM cited MRW’s report ‘MP puts Bill before Commons to shake-up scrap trade’ within their report ‘Industry welcomes proposed new cable theft law’. Rail Technology Magazine, 18 June
- MRW’s senior reporter James Illman appeared on Simon Mayo’s Drivetime on BBC Radio 2 to provide expert comment. BBC Radio 2, 29 May
- The Sun cited MRW’s exclusive report ‘Skip protest threatens Jubilee chaos’ within their report ‘Builders hit by 2,500% rise on waste tax’. The Sun, 29 May
- A Defra/AEA report cited an MRW feature from 2011 examining waste service provision and adverse weather conditions, ‘Crunch time on climate’. Defra/AEA report - ‘Increasing the climate resilience of waste infrastructure’, 26 March