Nearly 700 people gathered at the London Hilton on Park Lane to celebrate the achievements of the best companies in the waste and resources sector.
The event was hosted by comedian Matt Richardson, who presented awards to winners from 16 categories.
WRAP chief executive Liz Goodwin, right, recently made an OBE, received the first-ever Editor’s Award, which has replaced the Lifetime Achievement Award from previous events. She tweeted: “Honoured to receive Editor’s Award @MRWmagazine @NRAwards @MRWEditor tonight – a privilege to lead @WRAP_UK. Great staff – a tribute to them.”
MRW editor Robin Latchem said “We were proud to highlight the excellent winners on the night who, together, show how innovative and forward-thinking our industry is.
“These examples of best practice are a beacon to those who are increasingly realising they have to be smarter in terms of recycling, waste reduction and resource efficiency. And it was clear everyone had a great time!
“This coming year, MRW is planning to partner with our sister titles that report on the NHS and the construction and retail sectors to take the best of the National Recycling Awards into the wider economy.”
The awards and winners were:
- Best Business Partnership: Unipart Technology Logistics (UTL) and Sky
- Best Energy-From-Waste Initiative: Olleco - sponsored by ESG
- Best Food Waste Initiative: HMP Huntercombe
- Best Partnership Project with the Public Sector: FCC Environment, HMP Rochester and Abacus Furniture Project
- Best Recycled Product: Polystyrene wood – Kedel
- Construction Recycler of the Year: FM Conway
- Corporate Recycler of the Year: Stone Computers
- Efficiency Initiative of the Year: Warwickshire County Council
- Electrical and Electronic Waste Innovation of the Year: Electrical Waste Recycling Group
- Healthcare Recycler of the Year: Isle of Wight NHS Trust
- Innovation of the Year – Equipment: Ekko glass crusher
- Local Authority Innovation of the Year: Bracknell Forest Council - sponsored by Hadfield Wood Recycling
- Public Service Recycler of the Year: Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Resource Management Business of the Year: GENeco
- Retail/Service Sector Recycler of the Year: Gunwharf Quays
- Team of the Year: Cherwell and South Northamptonshire councils
- Waste Prevention Award: Braiform
Much more at: https://nra.mrw.co.uk/