Funding is on offer from the Waste & Resources Action Programme (WRAP) to design, develop, test and trial new packaging designs, materials or technologies.
Part of the Innovation Fund, the projects must demonstrate potential to significantly reduce primary packaging and other packaging consumers receive.
WRAP has stated the following categories are of particular interest:
* beverages in cans and cartons
* frozen foods
* pet foods
* jams, preserves, pastes, condiments and sauces
* DIY and home improvement (power tools and decorating materials)
* household and personal aerosols
* personal hygiene products and cosmetics
* crisps, snacks, biscuits (primary and multi-packs)
* raw, cooked and processed meats
* fresh produce
See www.wrap.org.uk or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.