The winners of the National Recycling Awards were announced at a glittering ceremony at the Park Lane Hilton in London on 27 October.
With over 600 people in the room from small businesses, to local authorities, to major waste management companies, materials reprocessors and some of the worlds biggest companies, the awards celebrated everyone with a stake in the recycling and waste management sector.
The winners were:
* Best New Technology Award Bioflame
* Recycled Packaging of the Year Greenstar WES
* Best Recycled Product Wrekin Windows
* Electrical and electronic recycler of the year West Sussex County Council and Delivery Partners
* Innovation in Health and Safety Practices Veolia Environmental Services Southwark
* Best Partnership for Recycling The Precycle Group, Help the Aged/ Age Concern and 1st Waste Management Consultants
* Small Business Recycler of the Year Cambrian Printers
* Retail Recycler of the Year Gunwharf Quays
* Construction Recycler of the Year Prowaste Management Services
* Public Sector Recycling Achievement Award London School of Economics and Political Science
* Local Authority Target Success Rochford District Council
* Local Authority Team of the Year Torbay Council
* Recycling and Waste Management Business of the Year First Mile
* The Waste Minimisation Award Strattons Hotel, Swaffham, Norfolk
* Lifetime Achievement Award Philip Harrington, Wilson James
MRW editor Paul Sanderson said: The winners truly deserved to be given their awards for their outstanding achievements over the past year. The standard of almost 200 entries was amazingly high and all of the winners should feel proud about receiving a National Recycling Award.
It was a fantastic night and the National Recycling Awards continues to be the most prestigious event in the recycling and waste management sector. It was particularly pleasing for me to see a huge variety of sectors represented and goes to show that the recycling and waste management industry is doing a great job at engaging with the wider world.
Id like to congratulate all of the finalists and winners and Im already looking forward to next year when we host the National Recycling Awards, again in London.
SEE MRW NEXT WEEK (out 6 November) FOR PHOTOS FROM THE NIGHT AND FIND OUT WHY THE WINNERS WON
Photo: Comedian John Richardson and Yells Adam Billiald present Rochford District Council with their Local Authority Target Success award