The winners of the National Recycling Awards have been announced at a gala dinner at the International Centre in Telford.
Organised by MRW, the National Recycling Awards are the biggest and best awards event in the recycling and waste management calendar.
The winners were:
- ASDA Award for Recycling Target Success AstraZeneca Engineering and Wilson James
- Wincanton Award for Innovation in Health and Safety Practice Veolia Environmental Services
- BCR Global Textiles Award for Best Partnership Project Ministry of Defence Army London District HQ, Bright Management Associates and Sodexho
- Baylis Award for Best Supermarket Recycler The Co-operative Food
- Valpak Award for Best Waste Minimisation Project the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Repic Award for Electrical and Electronic Recycler Indesit Company and Peterborough City Council
- Corus Award for Small Business Recycling Initiative GLASSeco
- Hadfield Wood Recyclers Award for Best High Street Recycler BrightHouse
- Yell Award for Recycling Officer of the Year Mark Parkinson, recycling and marketing manager, Staffordshire County Council
- Viridor Award for Best Local Authority Initiative Staffordshire Moorlands District Council
- MRW Lifetime Achievement Award Colin Kirkby, executive officer, LARAC
Other sponsors included Wastepack for the drinks reception, EMR for the photography, Cory Environmental for the chocolates and Ardagh Glass for the trophies.
MRW editor Paul Sanderson said: Well done to all our winners. Id like to give a special mention to Colin Kirkby who joins a very special club as winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award. Im sure he is a very popular winner both among local authorities and the wider industry.
Overall, it is fantastic to see so many deserving winners at this years awards, and Id like to thank all of our sponsors and judges who made the event possible.
See the November 21 issue of MRW for our awards photo special and to find out why the above won their category.