At last month’s Intermat show in Paris, Bobcat launched the R-series of mini-excavators from two to four tonnes. The range of five compact models – the E26, E27z, E27, E34 and E35z – offers high digging forces, stability and smooth controllability of working functions complemented by low weights for easy transportation.
A flexible machine platform allows different configurations of models and specifications to suit a range of applications, while all models meet the upcoming European Stage V engine emission regulations.
A redesigned cab has been introduced across the whole R-series. The larger operator space has an improved entry/exit from ergonomic 3D handles and a wider door.
A minimal effort joystick offers enhanced controllability and smooth working functions. The operator also benefits from up to five independent auxiliary hydraulic circuits and a ‘selectable auxiliary control’ system for customisable joystick controls.
- The E26 excavator has a transport weight reduced by 100kg but increased over-the-side lifting capacity.
- A true zero house swing (ZHS) machine, the E27z offers the highest flexibility of movements when working close to walls, coupled with 360° stability.
- Even with an optional heavy counterweight, the E27 offers just 280mm of tail for operation in confined spaces.
- The E34, a 3.4-tonne conventional model, offers higher stability coupled with enhanced controllability. It features a roomy premium cab with optional powerful air conditioning.
- The E35z in the popular 3.5-tonne class, has the benefits of ZHS design. This excavator provides the best mix of compactness, a large operating range for the workgroup (especially with the optional long arm), great stability (two counterweight options available) and a comfortable operator area.