Now is the time to get your voice heard, through MRW’s annual survey of the resources and waste sector.
Industry Insight is now in its third year. We get a snapshot of what individuals within the sector really think, not organisations’ ‘official line’.
Since last year’s Industry Insight, we have seen the launch of the resources and waste strategy, then Michael Gove and Therese Coffey leave their posts at Defra.
MRW conducts these surveys to help stimulate debate and uncover hidden truths. We are also committed to original, quality journalism.
You will also have the opportunity to enter a prize draw to win a £200 Amazon voucher.
The 2018 survey found substantial opposition to compulsory food waste collections. We also found businesses were getting more optimistic that Brexit would lead to growth - it will be interesting whether that trend will continue this year.
Selected key results from 2018:
- 64% of respondents have experience of a fire at their company
- 23% say a deposit return scheme will lead to a decrease in profits for their business
- 91% call for a minimum recycled content in packaging
- 72% support separate household food waste collections, but some make a strong case against
- 77% say China’s import ban will lead to a boost in UK capacity