A metals and waste electrical and electronic equipment recycling firm in Rotherham has been hit by a fire, said by South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service to have been started by a battery.
Universal Recycling’s warehouse at Kilnhurst saw six crews of firefighters attending for four hours on Sunday.
The service said in a statement: “It was accidental due to a battery catching fire.”
Universal Recycling director James Hughes said: “The fire was out quickly and no-one was injured. It is business as usual today.”
He said the company did not itself recycle batteries but collected them from small domestic appliances for recycling.
Universal Recycling was affected by a fire in 2017 when nearby residents were advised to seek alternative accommodation, while last June a blaze damaged the adjacent plastics recycler Moulding Solutions.