Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of MRW, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Fire at Cornwall HWRC

A fire has been tackled at a recycling centre in Cornwall.

Firefighters were called to Suez’s Bude household waste recycling centre (HWRC) at 4pm on 5 October where they found a large metal recycling bin ablaze.

Two engines were sent. Crews wore breathing apparatus and used two high-pressure hose reel jets to extinguish it.

It was put out later that evening.

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service said the cause was accidental.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.