Fire-fighters are damping down a waste transfer station run by Yorwaste in North Yorkshire after a fire.
The company said a fire at its Tancred facility, near Catterick, was dealt with after breaking out in the early hours of 24 August.
Fire appliances from Richmond, Colburn, Bedale and two from Northallerton attended the blaze at its height, using a large jet and a hose reel.
Yorwaste warned there would be some disruption to its services while the clear-up and an investigation took place, but said it was “working hard to minimise any inconvenience to its customers”.
These include North Yorkshire County, Richmondshire District and Hambleton District councils.
A company statement said: “Yorwaste would like to thank North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue for their prompt response and efforts.”
The fire service said the cause was believed to be something accidentally igniting after being disposed of in the rubbish.
“We have carried out a revisit this morning, and the crew is working with the on-site contractors to spread some smouldering waste and dampen it down,” a spokesperson said.
The facility was opened in 2011.