MRW’s National Recycling Awards (NRAs) this year include a series of day events featuring some of the leading lights in the industry talking about pressing issues faced by the sector.
The NRAs are the industry’s premier event, and bring together more than 600 recycling and waste management professionals to recognise and celebrate best practice and innovation in recycling and waste management.
It will be held at the London Hilton, Park Lane, on 27 June.
MRW editor Corin Williams said: “The conference element to the NRAs proved very popular last year. The sector has even more to talk about in 2019 as we respond to Defra’s proposals to radically shake up the way we deal with resources.
“The NRAs provide a unique opportunity for discussion across sectors – including waste management firms, local authorities, packaging producers, businesses, universities and others.”
Sessions during the day include discussions on UK-wide policy, deposit return schemes and extended producer responsibility. Speakers will include:
- Mary Creagh, MP and chair of the Environmental Audit Committee
- Dr Andy Rees OBE, head of waste strategy, Welsh Government
- Truls Haug, managing director, Tomra Collection Solutions, UK & Ireland
- Paul Vanston, chief executive, Incpen
- Peter Andrews, head of sustainability policy, British Retail Consortium
- Simon Rutledge, external affairs and sustainability manager, Biffa Group
In addition, attendees can choose one of two workshops: on the vital role digitisation plays in dealing with waste or how modern day slavery is affecting the sector.
Insurer Miles Smith will also outline the emerging threat of cybercrime.
You will need to register your interest to ensure a place at the daytime events, so please contact Nra.Awards@emap.com