The new-look RWM show will not be moving from its September dates as initially reported, but will be cut from three to two days, it has been confirmed.
Bristol-based exhibition company Prysm Group bought the annual NEC event on 29 December. The group originally told MRW the show would be put back to late October.
However, a statement from Prysm and event partner the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) confirmed that RWM will be staged on Wednesday and Thursday, 12-13 September.
The announcement also ensures that the CIWM gala dinner, traditionally held on the Wednesday night of RWM, will not be affected.
Prysm also confirmed that its portfolio of other environmental exhibitions will move to the NEC and take place alongside RWM.
The European Contamination Series (including Hazardous Waste Expo, Spill Response Expo and Land Remediation Expo), Flood Expo,and Marine & Coastal Civil Engineering are expected to add a further 8,000-9,000 professionals, 400 more exhibitors and an additional 300 seminars.
Event director Nick Woore said: “We know we have a huge amount of work to do during the next nine months, but the team and I are working night and day on this and are extremely excited about delivering a world-class event that the entire industry can be proud of.
”We are working on a huge amount of new content, features, summits and must-see speakers to RWM to add new dimensions to the event.”
Prysm had earlier said that a Waste Management Business Innovation show it was planning for Excel in London in October would be incorporated into RWM.